Some Hot news of the SQL PASS SUMMIT 2012.
PASS Summit is the world’s largest, most-focused, and most-intensive conference for Microsoft SQL Server and BI professionals.
Organized by and for SQL Server and BI users, PASS Summit delivers the most technical sessions, the largest number of attendees, the best networking, and the highest-rated sessions and speakers of any SQL Server event in the world.
The 3 most awaited days from Nov 7-9 are here for all the SQL and BI lovers around the world.
Currently, I couldn’t attend this session but I wish to attend this session in upcoming days or in near future summit’s a long run way to go .No worries, PASS Live TV is here for us who couldn’t make it to this SUMMIT in Seattle. The live covering of the SUMMIT can be browsed through the link below.
Also, it’s nice to hear the upcoming project news from the Summit Keynotes .Apart from that ,I have read few blogs regarding the Summit Keynotes from the great persons and want to share with you guys too .So that one can know what’s in upcoming future technologies and updates in SQL and BI field mainly.
These are some most highlighted upcoming updates in our field. You can have a look on these from the great writer blogs ( By Chris ,Marco and Denny ).
- Project Hekaton: Project Hekaton,codename for in-memory OLTP technology with improvement in performance and scalability.
- Polybase : Polybase allows you to query data from an external source from within the SQL Server 2012 PDW. This will allow you to create an external table which simply links to a Hadoop cluster.By using Polybase a single T-SQL query will run queries across relational data and Hadoop data. A single query language for both. Sounds really interesting for using BigData in a more integrated way with existing relational databases.
By Chris “Wouldn’t it be cool if you could query the Facebook graph or Twitter or even Bing directly from TSQL?”Really looking forward to see these kinds of upcoming project by Microsoft SQL Server Team.
- Updates on Columnstore: In the next major release of SQL Server the columnstore indexes will be updatable and it will be possible to create a clustered index with Columnstore index. This is really a great news for near real-time reporting needs.
- Power View works with Multidimensional cube
- Microsoft HDInsight Server CTP which is Microsoft’s Hadoop offering
- SQL Server 2012 SP1 and Office 2013
- Mobile BI and more
You can have a look in the links below for more details .
Just want to share the updates with you guys.we will be looking forward to play around with these great products and features from Microsoft.