I just want to share a link to download a free copy of Microsoft Press eBook ‘Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Pocket Consultant’.
This could be a great eBook for you to learn all about how to manage SQL Server .
Currently, Microsoft Press just posted the first two chapters within this free copy as Managing SQL Servers and Policy-Based Management.
So, SQL Geeks !!! Grab your digital copy and learn all about how to manage SQL Server!
I have already downloaded and have started to read and learn the things.Hope you will too.
This link could be helpful for all of us in the field of BI-SQL server to know more about SQL Server 2012 and to manage SQL Server.
Contents at a Glance
Chapter 1: Managing SQL Servers
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Managing SQL Server Groups
- Managing Servers
- Using Windows Power Shell for SQL Server Management
- Starting, Stopping, and Configuring SQL Server Agent
- Starting, Stopping, and Configuring MSDTC
- Managing SQL Server Startup
- Managing Server Activity
Chapter 2: Implementing Policy-Based Management
- Introducing Policy-Based Management
- Working with Policy-Based Management
- Configuring Central Management Servers
- Managing Policies Throughout the Enterprise